Adobe Reader 4
Date Released: April 01, 1999
File Size: 75.00 MB
Operation Systems: Windows, UNIX, Linux, and Mac OS
Last Updated: November 02, 2019
Adobe Reader 4 has released in April 1999. This update supports the PDF version 1.3.
The free Adobe Acrobat Reader 4 enables you to view, navigate, and browse PDF files, either inside a Web browser or in a stand-alone application.
The Acrobat Reader 4 update provides the following new enhancements and fixes:
– Linux version is now compatible with newer versions of Netscape that are glibc based.
– Windows version is now compatible with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or Microsoft Internet Explorer 4
– Acrobat site license holders can run full-featured Acrobat plugins.
– Printing PDF documents from the command line (UNIX)
– Problems with command line printing accepting parameters are fixed.
– Various problems with PostScript printing are fixed.
– Problems viewing smooth-shading PDF files are fixed.
– The Print dialog box retains previous settings.
– Support for HPUX 11 is added.
Last version to support Windows NT 3.51, Windows NT 4.0 Service Packs 3 and 4, and pre-OSR2 Windows 95 and Mac OS 7.1.2 – 8.5.
Adobe Reader 4 is not supported and no longer available for download from Adobe web site. However, you could find and download the Adobe Reader 4 below on the web page.